Until further notice, late fees will not be charged due to the pandemic. However, please do your best to return your items on time.
1. Library Membership
An Alberta Library Card is required to borrow items from the Holden Muncipal Library. If you wish to purchase a library membership, you will need to present photo identification with your current Holden address on it. You can also use a utility bill, tax notice, rental agreement, bank or insurance documents as proof of address. We accept cash or cheque only as we do not have Interact.
- Family Membership - $13.00
- Adult Membership (18+) - $9.00
- Seniors Membership (65 +) - Free
Patrons are responsible for all materials charged out on their membership. If an item is lost, returned damaged, or overdue, the patron must pay the fines/fees.
- Any patron returning a Holden Municipal Library item damaged beyond "normal wear and tear" will be charged the cost of replacement.
- Any patron returning a damaged inter-library loan item will be billed at the loaning library's rate.
- Any patron who has lost a Holden Municipal Library item will be charged the cost of replacement.
- Any patron who has lost an inter-library loan item will be charged at the loaning library's rate.
- OVERDUE AND SERVICE FEES
- Books - $0.10/day
- Audiobooks - $0.10/day
- DVD/Blu-Ray - $.10/day
- CDs - $0.10/day
- Books - 3 weeks
- Audiobooks - 3 weeks
- Magazines - 1 week
- DVD/Blu-Rays - 1 week
- CDs - 1 week
The Holden Library has a lot to offer! Do you want to read a book the Holden Library doesn't own? We can get it for you! Using the inter library loan system, we are able to get books, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs from all over the province, and even country-wide! We also have a variety of books on tape and children's videos.
There are five computers available for public use. You can go on the internet and look for a job, check your e-mail, use a word processor, spreadsheet or one of many other programs available. Connect to the free WiFi!
- Public Access Computers including a printer and scanner
- Photocopy and Printing
Black and White $0.25 and Color $1.00
- Faxing Service
$1.00 outgoing, $2.00 incoming
Internet - Free
Scanning - Free
- WiFi - Free
- Projector - Donation
- Exam Proctoring
- Programming includes the Summer Reading Program, Winter Reading Program
Fines and Fees?
Watch this tutorial to learn how to check your card's balance!